Tuesday 29 January 2008

Sometimes....

I like to collage......

There is a purpose to this though. I'm creating a cardboard corset dressy type thing and this is all to inspire me. I did a presentation on it today and I mentioned Christopher Kane as an inspiration. I was greeted by blank faces. Though in all fairness that could equally be in response to my artwork in general. All these images have inspired me the structure, colour, pattern etc. The couture collections were a godsend I tell you.


I was thinking of making some leggings in the Brian Lichtenberg style using some kind of holographic card or maybe cardboard and then shiny paper, like wrapping paper and would I use jersey leggings or lycra or something else entirely, or maybe even tights.......
As you can see this hurts my brain, I'm on a limited time and money budget. My friend wants me to make her some for her birthday though, tricky... Oh well, the nice pictures will make me sane again.

No comments: