Wednesday 9 April 2008

Change clothes.

What I didn't wear.

What I did.
Those are Pamela's white shorts. I have to wear them by the end of this week. the pocket pops out of the bottom on one side, amusing. There is also a stain on my waistcoat, don't you worry, got rid of that before I went out. Now that would be nice and embarassing.

The reason for the change was that we went once for the bus and it was chucking it down, so we gave up and went home, even though the bus was coming round the corner. The official line is that we missed it, truthfully we just couldn't be bothered. So we went home and decided to go in for 3rd period, so I got changed to dress more accordingly for the weather. When I got outside it had stopped raining and was sunnier. Sod's law and that. And I forgot my purse.I read this the other day. you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, apparently, but that's what attracted me to it. It's quite depressing, but in a strangely nice way. It was perfect for the mood I was in, it's told in an emotionally unattached way and you can imagine the main character is just coasting through life, waiting for it to happen, a bit like me. I read some bits about his other books and I'm planning to read Revolutionary Road next, Richard Yates seems to like the theme of disappointment with ordinary suburban life. His characters always seem to expect and want something more from life but never quite achieve it. Powerful stuff kids. Do you ever feel like you could be doing more with your life, making something happen instead of waiting for something to come to you? Have you ever done it, just gone out there and done somthing that made a massive difference to your life? Inspire me!

2 comments:

Kool Thing said...

I like books that are a bit depressing! "Cold Water" by Gwendoline Riley is a favourite for romanticised depression. Thanks for the congrats! The workload looks totally overwhelming, but I'm excited!

Epoxy Flooring Springfield said...

Thank you for sharinng