Sunday 9 March 2008

Colour me in

I have a strange relationship with colour. I don't even contemplate the fact that what I wear may involve clashing colours, I don't think it through it just happens. At college we are known as 'those girls who wear bright colours'. I suppose we do stand out but it's hard not to when you're surrounded by denim and black, especially in winter. But recently I've been thinking about how I wear colour, and I'm thinking about wearing it more sparingly sometimes.
My main inspiration behind this is:

I'm calling these acid pastels. Sounds like a sweet. Or a drug. If you had've said I would be loving pastels a few months ago I would laugh in your face, but these I can get on board with! So here we go I went a bit crazy. I did my own little photoshoot. I really should get Pamela involved here but it's embarassing enough doing this on my own. If you find my dignity please return it to me.





I decided this Tuesday to just go for one big block of colour, seen here in Pamela's skirt which is not unlike a carpet in texture but lovely nonetheless. I wore my black boots as it was a a tad over the top for college with the heels.

Feel free to complain about the photos. I can't really believe I've done this, I hate photos, I am becomong very vain. This is bad. I will be posting when I can as I have an absolute barrelful of work. An art exam that begins on Tuesday and my Drama performance all day Thursday. My teachers are competing for my time. I would like some of it please!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually I find your pics absolutely amazing! you've done a great job with the colors and with the background it looks just like an actual shoot!

Anonymous said...

actually I find your pics absolutely amazing! you've done a great job with the colors and with the background it looks just like an actual shoot!

Anonymous said...

actually I find your pics absolutely amazing! you've done a great job with the colors and with the background it looks just like an actual shoot!

alluretone said...

i love the blue orange and nude mix. the photos are certainly reflect that photoshoot, which i love.

Kool Thing said...

I really like your photographs. Yay, I've found a blog I actually like!

Monika said...

these pastell colors work so great!!!

Andy said...

I can't live without colors too. maybe not that much as you, lol, but i love colors. they add something too your outfits. and i love the last one btw! oh i posted something new if you wan't to comment it ;)

Selina (Flying Saucer) said...

don't apologise- i love your photos! i was just thinking how creative they were and you totally pull it off, they look effortlessly cool. and i think you have the grey/lilac topshop tights too, they've sold out of my topshop now *SIGH* and they look so good with red, i never had chance to try that :'(